Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jordon's

http://www.myairshoes.com/category/air-jordans

I'm not a shopper, except where men are concerned, but these are cool-looking running shoes. The site's owner also posts a list of sites she appreciates. I figured anyone who digs my writing must be commended, so I checked out her shoe site. And anyhow, Jimmy Bob whom I loved had this thing about feet. He even sucked on my toes and I have gnarled feet with bunions inherited from my grandmother Ruchel, who wore laced-up orthopaedic oxfords with heels. My toenails are double thickness and turn up at the tip like a plant growing toward the sun. Maybe the greenhouse effect has caused them to evolve within the span of one lifetime. On two occasions at a popular North York hotel, which Jimmy Bob swore was his home away from home, he placed my big toe and the one next to it in his mouth. "Mmmm," he said and I burst out laughing. He stopped sucking on my toes. He also stopped driving from Detroit to Windsor to take the train to Toronto. I figure my feet might do better in the shoes on http://www.myairshoes.com/category/air-jordans, and I might relax knowing these shoes would certainly last longer than the man who used to be my Jimmy Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writers lead such solitary lives. Please feel free to drop me a line or two.