Friday, November 28, 2008

Kema from Martinique

If I go I am never coming back, never
again I will set my feet on this earth. I’m
a good boy, not a criminal, not Kema.
I have done nothing wrong.
Not for love? Kema?

Never. That’s it.
So you’re saying pride is more
important than love?

I’m sorry?
Alors. tu penses que, pride, fière, c’est
plus important que l’amour?
I’m a man, a real man, how do you say, not

macho, big tough. I want for you
and your girls, not to be, not to, tomber.
Je nes laisse pas jamais tombé.
Jamais. I will write everyday. I want to know
everything what happens. I need
to know. When I come back only you,

you are the first person
I want to see. No one. Only you
and your girls. I have something
now, plus de musique, I have
a girl. At Content Connection I say, I have
a beautiful girl. I am lucky. Every day
we write. You will not forget
Kema.

When Kema touches my heart at the back
of my throat, he laughs even though
I choke. Maybe it’s because
I have less practice. I’m alone
a lot. I want my hair to fall across

a man’s chest, his fingers
to rub across my lips. I want him to bruise
my lips with his kisses, sweep my hair across
his thighs, his chest his neck his
face his cock. I want to stand

at that scissor-sheered edge, to feel I would
travel to remote territories for this man Kema
from Martinique. That’s all
that I want. Is it asking too much?
Do you think?

Copyright Janice Colman 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writers lead such solitary lives. Please feel free to drop me a line or two.